I know that I just released my Homeschool Through the Year: March pack, but I really want to get them up at the beginning of the month prior. I know that many homeschool moms, like me, like to plan ahead. So, here is April’s pack. You have plenty of time to check out the resources listed below and incorporate these fun learning days into your April homeschool plans!
Homeschool Through the Year: April
April is National Humor Month.
I stink at telling jokes. (See my note about April Fool’s Day below). Either I can’t remember the punch line, or I am laughing so hard at the punchline that I can’t get the joke out. My son, however, is the funniest kid I know. He can whip out a joke like no one I know. If you have kids who love to tell jokes, they’ll love these joke books for kids:
April 1 is April Fool’s Day. To be honest, I hate April Fool’s Day. I’m not clever enough to come up with good tricks so I just sit around and wait for my kooky kids to prank me. 🙂 However, I did do an April Fool’s Dinner one year. I don’t remember exactly what I served, but I found these ideas on Pinterest that you might enjoy. None of these recipes will hurt anyone’s feelings. They’re just super fun! Which ones will you try?
- How about some yummy “hot dogs” for dinner?
- Or, you could have “sunny side up eggs” for breakfast?
- Here are some yummy “Dunkin Donuts” everyone will enjoy!
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are a staple in our house.
- These yummy fries and ketchup make a great side dish.
April 2 is Children’s Book Day. This is a great day to curl up with good books! I have many book lists on the blog! You’re sure to find something great to read in one of these posts. Let your kiddos keep track of what they read in April on the book log included in this month’s printable.
April 8 is Draw a Picture of a Bird Day. Read one or more of the books below about birds, and then use the bird drawing page in this month’s printable pack to have your kids draw their favorite bird.
April 10 is National Siblings Day. Find something fun to do to celebrate siblings. Play a favorite board game. Do something nice for each other. Write a note to a sibling telling what you enjoy most about them.
April 13 is Scrabble Day. Here are some fun things you can do with Scrabble tiles– besides playing the game…
- Make drink coasters.
- Make custom zipper pulls.
- Glue magnets to the back of the tiles, and create a family game of the fridge.
- Practice spelling words with scrabble tiles.
April 17 is Bat Appreciation Day. It’s a great day to read my favorite book about a sweet little bat named Stellaluna. Here are some fun hands-on activities to go along with that book:
- Here’s a fun low-mess way to splatter paint a bat in the night sky.
- Little ones will love this night sky sensory bin.
- Here are some fun echolocation experiments and activities.
- Here’s a whole list of bat-themed math and sight word games.
- Kids will enjoy this hanging bat craft.
April 22 is Earth Day. Last year, I shared quite a few resources that your kids are sure to enjoy. First, here are 9 Earth Day freebies (the last one on the list of ten is no longer available). I created an Earth Day freebie for Homeschool Encouragement, and shared a list of activities and books, as well. I also created a list of 10 picture books about recycling.
April ‘Homeschool Through the Year’ Printable
In this month’s printable, you’ll find the following activity pages:
- Calendar of fun days to celebrate,
- a reading log for Children’s Book Day,
- a drawing page for Draw a Picture of a Bird Day,
- an Earth Day word search,
- an Arbor Day message to decode,
- and more!
To download your free printable pack, you must sign up to receive my emails. Enter your contact information below. You should receive your download link within the hour. If, after an hour, you have not received your link, please contact me and we’ll figure it out together.
Please note that your link will expire in 3 days, and it can only be downloaded twice. Be sure to download and save it once it arrives in your inbox. Also note, these files will not open on a tablet or smart phone. You will need to open them from a PC or laptop. Enjoy!
[wp_eStore_free_download_squeeze_form id=99 button_text=”Download Now”]