Wow! August has flown by! We are back to school and back to dance. The temperatures are beginning to drop a bit which means we can eave our windows open for most of the day. I love hearing the birds and neighborhood kids outside. I love the smell of fresh-cut grass on the weekends. I love that the leaves are just beginning to changes. It’s still pretty green around here, but there are a few trees with red leaves. I love fall!
September has so many wonderful holidays and events to celebrate. Join me as we celebrate all month long.
- Classical Music Month – Classics for Kids is my all-time favorite website for introducing kids to classical music and composers.
- National Blueberry Popsicle Month – With popsicle molds and this Blueberry Cream Popsicle recipe, you can celebrate all month long!
- Chicken Month – Take a few minutes to learn about chickens today. Gail Gibbons has a great book about Chicks and Chickens that would be perfect!
- Little League Month – Read The Everything Kids’ Baseball Book with your littles, and then print off this fun baseball-themed printable pack from 3 Dinosaurs.
- Better Breakfast Month – Last year, I rounded up tons of fun breakfast recipes for a back-to-school blog hop. I shared recipes for donuts, sweet breads, granola, muffins, and oatmeal. Yum!
Celebrate something new this month…
September 5 is Cheese Pizza Day. Read Pete’s a Pizza. Then, grab a $5 Hot and Ready Pizza from Little Caesar’s pizza, or make one yourself.
September 6 is Read a Book Day. Choose one or more of these books about books to read with your little ones!
September 10 is Sewing Machine Day. Emma loves this Sewing School book. If you don’t own a sewing machine, read some reviews such as the best all around sewing machine to help you choose which machine is right for you! Here are a few sites with beginner sewing projects:
September 12 is Chocolate Milk Shake Day. Download this book of milkshake recipes, and let your kids pick out their fave! I bet they’d love a tasty afternoon treat.
September 12 is also National Video Game Day. Did you know there is a Minecraft School for homeschoolers? How cool is that!
September 13 is Grandparent’s Day. Read this two-in-one book What Grandma’s Do Best/What Grandpa’s Do Best. Then, have your little ones give their grandparents a call to tell them how much they’re loved.
September 16 is Collect Rocks Day. Read about rocks and minerals before heading out to collect some rocks. Then, grab some paint and let your little ones get creative! They may enjoy turning their rocks into monsters or ladybugs or Minions!
September 18 is National Cheeseburger Day. In addition to enjoying a cheeseburger for lunch or dinner, you should definitely introduce your little ones to His Cheeseburger from Larry the Cucumber!
September 19 is National Talk Like a Pirate Day. Speaking of Veggie Tales, how about a viewing of The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything for talk like a pirate day. For more pirate-y fun, here are more than 50 pirate activities to do with your kids.
September 21 is World Gratitude Day. Teach your kids about gratitude with this fun gratitude game.
September 26 is Johnny Appleseed Day. Last month, I created a Johnny Appleseed printable that would be perfect for today!
What will you celebrate this month?
This week, we’re linking to: Mom’s Library