Johnny Appleseed is such a fun guy to learn about. While each of the stories I’ve read about him varies just a tad from each other, this is typical of tall tales and legends.
According to the legends, Johnny Appleseed grew up in Massachusetts. As a young adult, he decided to head south planting apple trees wherever he went. Did he really wear a tin pot on his head? Did he really walk barefoot through winter snows? We don’t really know for sure, but what we do know (and what we think we know) sure makes for a great story!
After reading Johnny Appleseed with your little ones and completing some of the activity pages below, choose one or more of the activities below to bring the story to life.
- Coffee Filter Apple Art for Kids
- Paper Plate Johnny Appleseed Craft
- Paper Plate Apple Handprint Craft
- Kids will enjoy learning to draw Johnny Appleseed.
- Make an apple tree from a toilet paper tube.
- A sequin apple for fine motor practice
- Apple print trees
- What keeps an apple from turning brown?
- Make erupting apples!
- Make some green apple playdough.
Snacks and Treats
These snacks and treats are super fun and go perfectly with an apple theme.
- Quick and Easy Mini Apple Handpies
- Crockpot Applesauce
- Yummy Apple Tree Snack
- Apple “Cookies”
- Apple Peanut Butter “Teeth”
- Apple Race Cars
Johnny Appleseed Printable
This fun Johnny Appleseed printable is designed to be used with grades K-2. Inside this activity pack, you’ll find the following activity pages:
- Aa identification page
- Color pages
- Notebooking page
- Color word practice
- Counting practice
- and more!
In order to download the Johnny Appleseed learning pack, you must enter your contact information below.
Enhance your Johnny Appleseed lessons:
If you’re looking for more fun for your Johnny Appleseed learning plans, check out my top picks from Amazon!
Johnny Appleseed Books