10 Ways to Teach Math with Leftover Halloween Candy
- Using M&Ms to Teach Statistics | Use M&M’s to teach percents, average, mean, circle graphs, and pie charts!
- Candy Corn Roll & Cover Math Game | Teach number recogntion and beginning addition with this free printable game.
- Candy Math – Counting, Weighing, Graphing | There are several great math ideas in this post!
- Jelly Bean Sorting Busy Bag | This game will work with jelly beans, M&Ms, Skittles, and other small, colorful candies.
- Jellybean Math | I love this activity for visual learners. As with the activity above, it will work with any small candy.
- Balancing with M & M’s | You don’t have to have a scale to complete this fun math activity.
- Candy Corn Math | I love this idea for teaching greater than and less than with candy corn!
- Fun Fractions with M & M’s | Teaching fractions has never been easier with a snack-sized bag of M&Ms and this free printable.
- Candy Corn Measuring | Forget measuring with paper clips and unifix cubes, how about using candy corn instead?
- Introducing Division with Candy | Use Twizzlers and Skittles to introduce your students to division.
10 Ways to Teach Science with Leftover Halloween Candy
- Dissolving Candy Experiment | It’s a race to see which candy will dissolve first!
- Pop Rocks Science: Capturing Carbon Dioxide | Can you blow up a balloon with Pop Rocks?
- What Can the Sun Melt? | This activity will lead to a great discussion about the power of the sun.
- Experimenting with Skittles | Two fun science experiments featuring Skittles.
- Dissolving Candy, Candy Corn Structures, and Candy Corn Oobleck | Three fun kitchen science activities featuring candy corn.
- Candy Taste Test | Explore the five senses with a candy bar taste test!
- Sink or Float Candy Experiment | Here’s a fun twist on a sink/float experiment.
- Edible Animal Cell | Here’s an activity your older learners will enjoy.
- Experimenting with Gummy Candies | Did your little ones get gummy worms or gummy bears in their candy bag? Try these experiments. They’ll be amazed!
- Candy Chromatography | Explore science and create a unique piece of art at the same time.
10 Ways to Have Fun with Leftover Halloween Candy
- Teaching Kids to Give Back | It’s important to teach kids to give back, and it’s easy to do with your leftover Halloween candy.
- 5 Fantastic Ideas for Leftover Halloween Candy | All of these ideas are fantastic!
- How to Make a Candy Lei | What kid wouldn’t want to make their own candy necklace?
- 8 Creative Uses for Leftover Candy | Every one of these ideas would be a hit at my house.
- What to Do with All That Candy | More fantastic ideas!
- Starburst Candy Sculptures | Get your kids’ imaginations going by building sculptures with Starburst candy.
- Candy Jewelry | Edible jewelry? Yes, please!
- Candy Playdough | This recipe makes for a great sensory activity for little ones.
- Painting with Candy | This is a fun and unique craft idea for kids.
- Homemade Starburst Paint Recipe | Homemade finger paints featuring Starburst candies
If your kids love being in the kitchen with you, click NEXT to discover 20 tasty leftover candy recipes!