Hola! Cinco de Mayo is next week. This is a great time to learn about Mexico and its traditions. There are tons of great hands-on activities to go along with a Cinco de mayo study. Try one or more of the activities below. Read a good book or two. And, complete the free printable activity pages I created just for you!
Cinco de Mayo Fun
Fun Hands-On Activities
- Make Oreo cookie tacos for a fun twist.
- Make individual pull-open pinatas.
- Make Mariachi guitars and homemade tortillas.
- Let kids make and decorate their own sombreros.
- Recycle some common household items to make maracas.
- Decorate with tissue paper flowers.
- Make a papel picado banner.
- Make a worry doll.
Free Cinco de Mayo Printable
This free printable is great for kids in grades K-3. They’ll learn (or review) the months of the year and days of the week in Spanish. They’ll work on color names and counting 1-10 in Spanish. There is a lot of handwriting practice in this pack which is great for reinforcing Spanish words.
To download your free printable pack, please enter your information below. You should receive your download link within the hour. If, after an hour, you have not received your link, please contact me and we’ll figure it out together.
Please note that your link will expire in 72 hours, and it can only be downloaded twice. Be sure to download and save it once it arrives in your inbox.