A couple of years ago, Emma did a solo jazz dance to Ding Dong the Witch is Dead. I searched high and low for a great costume that didn’t look like I bought it at the costume shop. I didn’t have any luck finding what I wanted.
So, I turned to my favorite pattern store for inspiration. After quite a few false starts, I found what I was looking for. In the middle of the night about a week before her first performance, I whipped up the costume pictured below. It is my favorite costume ever!
If you aren’t handy with a sewing machine, however, don’t despair. I have rounded up quite a few DIY book-inspired Halloween costumes. There are costumes for babies and bigger kids alike. Have fun!
- Cat in the Hat | Get the book.
- Rainbow Fish | Get the book.
- Baby Mad Hatter | Get the book.
- Baby Harry Potter | Get the book.
- Thing 1 & Thing 2 | Get the book.
- Toothless the Dragon | Get the book.
- The Lorax (for the whole family) | Get the book.
- Where’s Waldo? | Get the book.
- Oompa Loompas | Get the book.
- I Spy | Get the book.
- I Am Sam | Get the book.
- Peter Pan | Get the book.
- The Owl and the Pussycat | Get the book.
- Harry Potter (with free printable templates) | Get the book.
- Pippi Longstocking | Get the book.
- Dorothy | Get the book.
Have your kids dressed up as book characters? Which one is their favorite?
I’m linking up at these fab parties: Momma Told Me