Earth Day is April 22nd, how will you celebrate this year? Yesterday, I shared a fun new printable pack that I created for Amy at Homeschool Encouragement. In addition to that fun printable, I shared a great list of picture books for Earth Day last week.
Recently, I found ten fun Earth Day freebies for kids over at Educents. Each of these ten printables, is free! You won’t want to miss any of these great activities.
10 Earth Day Freebies for Kids
- Earth Day Sort – Help kids learn the difference between reducing, reusing, and recycling!
- Happy Earth Day Writing Activity – Kids of all ages can reflect on ways their family, school, and themselves can help keep the Earth healthy. Also, encourages handwriting practice!
- Earth Day Coloring Pages – Creative kiddos can color the Earth with their colors of choice, or follow the color-by-code page to add critical thinking to art hour.
- Earth Day Poof! Subtraction to 5 – This Earth Day themed game builds fluency with subtraction facts to 5. It can be played in a small group or as a partner game. It is a fun way to practice those facts!
- Earth Day Word Search Freebie – Enjoy this Earth Day themed word search puzzle with 21 eco-friendly terms like atmosphere, compost, and recycle.
- Earth Day Bookmarks – The perfect Earth Day treat for your students. Available in full-color and black-and-white.
- Earth Day Survey and Graph – A fun and different way to practice graphing in your classroom while encouraging collaboration between students.
- *THIS ITEM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE* Spring Coloring Book
- Love the Earth Mystery Picture Graph – Students will love discovering the mystery picture by coloring in the correct squares on the alphanumeric grid using the coordinates given. This is a great addition to an Earth Day or recycling unit!
- *THIS ITEM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE* April 2015 Journal
Want to turn your Earth Day celebration into an educational experience? Discover new ways to learn about the amazing planet we live on (without breaking the bank!) –> Earth Day learning resources.